Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Camp Grandma

Last weekend I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with one of my granddaughters. I don't see her very often but was ecstatic when she asked me if I was having Camp Grandma next year. She was already planning her attendance and ensuring that her sister would be there with her.
Last summer was her first Camp and she was more than a little nervous about spending time without her Mom and Dad, in a state that was far away, with a Grandma she hardly knew. She shed a few tears but was a trooper and enjoyed the time as much as the other kids. As a matter of fact I overheard her directing the other grand kids at one point. Now she is talking about next summer!
My goal is to make memories for my grand kids they will never forget. My grandmother and my mother in law were the inspiration for this. More on these two ladies in the next few days.
Hug your kids and grand kids today. Those memories will last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...