Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Wicked Witch of the West

I have been to a few theaters over the years; not many but enough to have a strong opinion about the Broadway Musical Wicked, now showing at the Orpheum in downtown Minneapolis.

I did not know the story and I should add as a child when the Wizard of Oz was on TV I always volunteered to do the dishes. The movie frightened me; especially the flying monkeys. As an adult I was giving a VHS copy of the original Wizard of Oz movie. I didn't watch it. I may now.

I have a whole new appreciation for the witches. The play was well done, the singing beautiful and the lighting truly makes you feel like you are in Emerald City. For almost three hours we were captured by the cast. John Davidson at age 71, is playing the Wizard. He does it masterfully. The two witches pull you in; Glinda with her blond curls and ditsy behavior and Elphaba with her beautiful voice and charm.

Who knew I would be cheering for the Wicked Witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...