Saturday, October 12, 2013

Child Abuse

Who titles their blog of the day Child Abuse? If you live in the upper Midwest or follow the NFL you have probably heard Adrian Peterson's son was murdered by a child abuser. In my opinion it is time we stop calling these people abusers and label them what they are, murderers. This goes for domestic abuse also. Let's call it what it is; attempted murder. How many women and children have to die before we say this is an epidemic? What will it take to get this behavior to stop?

There may not be answers to these tough questions; I believe exposing the problem, talking about solutions and educating potential victims AND abusers will help. Are we talking to young women and men about the signs of an abusive relationship? If not; let's get at that.

I had to make a trip to the Urgent Care this week; I was reminded that every doctor visit now includes the question; are you safe at home. If people are not being honest about it; is it at least prompting them to think about it? I hope so.

I want to live in a world where children and women, and men for that matter, can be safe and happy. I know that is a dream; but if each one of us would take the awareness one step further and talk about the problem. Start reaching out; let's STOP domestic violence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...