Sunday, January 28, 2018

A Sunday Morning Ritual with CBS


For many years my Sunday morning ritual has included viewing CBS Sunday Morning. This morning was no different. Over the years I have enjoyed the stories of music, movies and real life in America. The hosts from Charles Kuralt, Charles Osgood to Jane Pauley have brought the news, the heartbreak and the love of America to the television. Since the inception in January of 1979 I have watched, I have learned, I have been enraged and I have cried. It has been a family thing for us. My sister Char records it every Sunday to be sure she doesn’t miss it. Our Dad loved the program. As a matter of fact 11 years ago on Sunday Morning in March we watched the program, my mom, sisters and brother with my Dad laying in his hospital bed. The final trumpet played, we shut the TV off and turned on the radio for some music. Within an hour our father slipped away.

It is now a goal for me to watch the program along with the last scenes that are recorded
somewhere in the nature of the U.S. I take moment to remember my day and focus on the
day ahead. It’s one of those touchstones in life I enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. ❤❤ the best way to start a Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Didn't know the story and appreciate the share!

    ReplyDelete

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...