Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Yearly Exam

Today I will get my mammogram. Should be simple, should be the usual. No worries,
all is good. Come back in 2 years or whatever the current tend is. I go into these things
with the best of thoughts, sure all will be well. But one does pause to think about the
women who have all of these same feelings as I and then find out the devastating news
that there is something that is not right. They need to return for another mammo or an
ultrasound. For those women that have a family history of breast cancer, this has to be
terrifying.

So as I prepare for my every other year mammo, I prep with a shower and no deodorant,
I am grateful for a test that will give me peace of mind. It is not a pleasant test, but I am
grateful for technicians and docs that do this work. And I will have a sigh of relief when
it is all over including the results saying, all is fine, proceed with life as you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...