Tuesday, January 9, 2018

After Work, the Struggle is Real

Where were you last night? Is that where you want to be?
I am not talking about physically, but maybe that is what instantly hit your brain. If you were in a place
that you physically don’t want to be that is another blog post. If it is not a safe place, contact me, it’s
time to get out.
Let’s talk about where you were mentally last night. After a full day of work, and a Monday at that,
you come home without a meal plan for the night. You pick the first thing that jumps out at you, a
handful of M&M’s that are in the candy dish, it goes downhill from there. The snacking doesn’t stop
until you decide you need something with some protein or at least something that feels like a meal.
The mindless eating continues and the wine turns into three glasses, the stress of the day lingering
like a dark cloud in your home. Tomorrow you get to do it all over again.

What if you had a meal plan and an exercise plan for after work, one that kept you from grabbing the
handful of unhealthy and plopping on the couch to catch up with the Facebook and Instagram photos
you feel compelled to sift through. What if you went for a 10 minute walk, turned on some music or a
podcast if that is what you like and began the process of putting together a meal that contains protein
and vegetables. Maybe snack on a healthy veggie as you do your prep work with a glass of sparkling
water. How would your night feel tonight? I suggest better. Today I will be mindful of unhealthy choices.
Today I will make a change for the better and for me that is by starting my evening off in a better place
than on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...