Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Be Brave and Be Grateful in 2018

After one day of work,  you are solidly into the new year. How are you feeling? Like you have one foot
in 2017? Or you are anticipating the changes you might be facing this year?
Shortly after lunch yesterday I was walking the steps to the second floor to get a few extra steps in
during the day when I found myself smiling. I had just finished working on a particularly daunting project.
A quick check on the weather outside as I round the corner from the 1st floor, the clouds have rolled in,
it looks cold and damp, but I found a smile on my face. As I marched up each step I thought to myself,
I am lucky. I am lucky I have a good job and working on projects I enjoy. I have great coworkers and
freedom to do my job without constant worry of losing the job or of someone questioning my work.
I am inside, I am warm and really on January 2nd, I am in a good place. Today I am grateful.
As I had those thoughts, I also thought, I need to recall this very moment next time I am feeling
overwhelmed. Often as my email box is filling up in mid afternoon, I am stressed, wanting to eat
something or better yet run away, I have a good job. I am in a good place most of the time. Relax,
push through the tougher times and be grateful.
Does that mean I stop trying to better myself? I have a tendency to always be looking for a new even
if I am content in my job, no matter the company I work for. I want to think that is because I always think
there might be something better and I might want to pursue it. I don’t want to change that. It does not
mean that I am not content. As a matter of fact I don’t want to think it means anything other than I am
aware.

With a mantra of Be Brave in 2018, I will be brave enough to keep looking while I am grateful for the
current position I have. Some days I might just sit back and Be Brave enough to relax right where I am at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...