Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Books Beside the Bed

When I go to my room and see books on the bedside table I know I am in  a good place.
There is something about having the book, or stack of books that comforts me. The idea
that I can wind down from a stressful day and get lost in someone else's words releases
the tension. I feel empowered by the words of others. It doesn’t seem to matter if it is the
next book club selection for one of the two books clubs I am a part of, or if it is the latest
best seller for business. Having a good book is like knowing your best friend will be beside
you know matter the circumstance. Having a good book sitting waiting is the perfect cap
on the end of the day.

I go back and forth between my kindle and paperback, hardcover books and audio books.
I rely heavily on the library for downloads and the hard to find books. Side note: every library
could use some extra funds it’s a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...