Thursday, January 4, 2018

Changing a loved habit!

Coffee is my thing. I like it, I look forward to the morning so I can sit and sip as
I surf the web. I experiment with all sorts of coffee brands, usually coming back
to my favorite Caribou Coffee. Coffee is also my problem. As I move through my
day I often think I should have a cup of coffee, it will give me the pick me up I need,
making a pot at work gives me a break from what feels like a daunting task. If I am
at home it gives me the opportunity to leave the computer, an opportunity to walk
away from something, my diversion. It is not always a good thing, some would
call this ADD kicking in, I would call it a brain shut down. I just don’t want to
push through any further. The biggest problem with these afternoon coffee breaks
is not that I am stepping away from work, but that I am putting too much caffeine
into my body. Where this really becomes a problem is when I lay in bed for an hour
or more trying to get my mind to shut down.

Time to make a change! This change means more water, more tea and less caffeine
in the afternoons. Who’s with me on this one?

Change is hard, change is good.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way now that I've had to watch my coffee intake. I have found that, for the most part, my love for coffee was more about the ritual of routine than the caffeine, which makes tea an easy substitute. There are days when caffeine feels like the only thing that will help me focus. Yet, movement and a quick snap of nature do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...