Monday, September 3, 2018

Labor Free Labor Day


I like to use Labor Day to rest from the usual Monday routine but to spend some time laboring on the things I like to do. I will also use this day to be thankful for all of those that worked so hard to get a day of rest. We deserved a “free” day!

I know this didn’t come easy, so I will remember to be grateful throughout the day, to acknowledge the labor unions that worked for fair wages, reasonable working environments and a working day that makes sense.

I also acknowledge those that work in industries that shun the unions, call them thugs. I feel for those workers that seem to think they don’t need the unions, yet are not paid equitably, are not granted breaks as they should get them and certainly don’t receive the benefits they should be entitled to. YES, entitled. I will not begrudge an owner of business big profits, but I contend if you are not taking care of your people, one day you will pay.

Why someone is not happy that another is doing better than they are is beyond me. Why do we not want to do better?

One of my favorite sayings is from Paul Wellstone. He often said…”when we all do better, we all do better.”

Enjoy this Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...