Friday, February 14, 2014

The Valentines Box

A visit to Valentine aisle this week created an interesting memory for me. Apparently now you can buy a valentines box to put all of your lovely Valentines in. When I was a young school girl in Brandt Grade School you had to make your own box. Decorating anything; much less a shoe box using glue and construction paper is difficult for someone like me. Every year in Mrs. Hawley's room; grades 1-4; we were challenged to bring a box that others would use to drop the Valentines in. My memory is that I covered the shoe box with red paper, cut out a few pink hearts, cut a slit in the top and I had a Valentines box. It was functional and that was about it! My class was large 8 or 9 boys and Deb and Diane, the Haug twins and me. The Twins were great artists, they brought in very creative beautiful Valentine boxes. I always wished I could make something like theirs. But every year my box was pretty much a shoe box with construction paper.

I am glad to see Valentines boxes are available. I am also glad that we celebrate love on this day. Lets remember to send a little love to those that are single or maybe someone who lost their valentine since last year. Share the love and you don't even need a pretty box to do it.

By the way, it was a large class, I think one of my sisters had three in her class.

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...