Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Olympic Fever

I love the Olympics; I almost everything from the opening ceremony to the closing. I will watch almost any sport and enjoying the competition and a little trumped up drama. I even like the side stories. But I do not like to hear results of events before I get to watch them. I find myself going through the day with out listening to major newscasts, avoiding Twitter and Facebook and other social media. My solution is my own little news blackout everyday.  Then I discovered another trick; highlights On Demand. A two plus hour hockey game summarized in just three minutes. Added bonus this year; better commercials and team competition in ice skating. 

The two weeks of Olympics every four years gives us a glimpse of sports we wouldn't give an hour to on a Saturday any other time of year. But during this time we pretend to be experts on luge and speed skating; even though we have not followed the sport since the last Olympic competition. 

For now we wave the American flag and get excited for the twizzles and celebrate the victories like we are cheering on our hometown team.  Go USA!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...