Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Drinking Fountain

Yesterday I found myself at the gym in the morning, part of my goal to get to the
gym everyday this month, I am trying to establish a habit. As I finished my first
set of exercises I walked over to the water fountain to grab a drink. A beautiful
African American woman had just taken a drink. My first thought was, she is
stunning, second I wished for her muscular arms. Then my mind went to a time
when her and I could not drink out of the same fountain. It is difficult to fathom
that until just over 50 years ago segregation was ended, before that this woman
would have had to drink from a fountain labeled Colored.

How is this even possible that someone who is made up of the same basic structure
was forced to be thought of as a second class citizen? The very thought that a race
would think they are better, and often hide behind Christianity to protect themselves.
If you are of the belief that we are all children of God, shouldn’t we be loving,
respectful and kind to ALL others.

Today, choose kindness. Today, choose love. Today, I wish you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...