Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hump Day

The rock hit of the early 80's by Loverboy had us all working for the weekend. For 30 years the anthem has reminded us we have to get through the week to get to the fun times; the weekends. A popular television commercial today has a camel walking around the office asking what day it is; Hump Day! Wednesday means we are almost over the hump to the weekend. It is interesting how your prospective changes over the years.

I still look forward to the weekends, who doesn't; of course unless you work on the weekends. But for many of us, the weekends are the time we can kick back, listen to some sweet jazz music and drink coffee until ten in the morning if we wish. Okay, that is what I look forward to on the weekends. I guess it is a sign of aging when we anticipate the weekend ahead and it involves morning coffee drinking instead of late night clubbing.

Very early this morning I was texting with one of our daughters have a nice conversation; I viewed the precious smile of one of our granddaughters on Facebook and I looked at the schedule for the day to see what was ahead. Tonight I will have dinner with another of our daughters. There is so much good in each and every day; sometimes it is easy to find and sometimes we have to dig a bit deeper to find it. Simple pleasures come every day. Enjoy them no matter the day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...