Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Marwell Bobby Ardell Konold.

Seven years ago today my father took his last breath. In those seven years my emotions have run the gamut. It is said there are five stages of grief; denial and isolation, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance. I believe most anyone who has lost someone close would agree they go through these stages over the months or years. There isn't a time table, it happens faster for some and that does not mean the one who is gone is any more or less loved. We are all different. But we do all grieve. Will I always stop a moment to think of him on this day? I am not sure; but for now I will.
Today when I think of my dad the tears don't usually show up rather a smile when I think of a special memory I have from my childhood on the farm. I grin when I think about playing pinochle with him or the special smile he had when the grandchildren showed up. My dad was most comfortable on the farm; usually in his stripped bib overalls. He was such a kind soul and I miss him.
The seven years has gone very quickly after the first few weeks and months of hurt we felt with his loss. Now when I see an eagle soaring about I think of him and I am reminded of the many things he taught me. I am grateful for having had him in my life. You were a good man Marwell Bobby Ardell Konold. Thanks for being my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...