Saturday, April 17, 2021

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months unfolded and the situation continues to get more dire with no concrete end in site, we are fatigued. 

I need to do something. Today I am choosing Joy. I can be a bit poly-Anish, but not this time. Summer was bearable, fall weather has been ok, but now I am done. I could feel my mental health slipping away over the past few weeks. I am shorter (figuratively) with people. I look forward to bed time more than any other part of the day. I found myself scrolling for like minded people,  certainly they are correct in their thoughts. I found myself spending more time watching TV, sometimes bingeing TV programs for hours. 

Something wasn't right. Covid fatigue. I am sick of it! I am sick of not seeing family, attending events, even happy hours. I am tired of the endless zoom meetings, the email, all of the emails. It is too much. 

I did get Covid, I was a lucky one, mild symptoms, headache, sinus infection feeling and fatigue. Such fatigue. Everyday I see people of my age and younger have died from this disease. It is so much. 

Today I decided I can do better. I need to go beyond just being grateful, I need to do more for my mental health. Today that means movement. I am not sure what tomorrow will be, but today, I intend to limit the social media, the news and the TV. I do my job and between meetings get some steps in. 

Tonight I will pick up a book, get lost in someone's story. At least for a time. I have heard we can all do hard things for a time; as long as we know how we have to endure. We have had no idea on this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...