Today would have been my father-in-laws birthday; Dave Ring
left our world on a Sunday morning in June 5 years ago. His spirit lives on in his children and
grandchildren. He would laugh at me for
saying it; but to me he was a legend, a hero.
The kids talk about how he would tell stories they were sure to be true;
one that comes to mind is his story of being in the Green Berets. He could get any of them to smile in a moment. He was generous and kind, but could be one
tough cookie. If you were on his team,
you were in, but if you crossed him or anyone who was on his team look
out. This man was quick witted, smart
and had a heart of gold. He is missed by
friends and family alike. Happy Birthday
Dave, I am sure you are negotiating with the angels!
Monday, July 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Power of Boundaries- Know Your Limits
Have you ever felt pushed too far — where one small thing sends you over the edge and words fly out that you wish you could take back? That ...
-
Today I feel like I need a big reset button. There are so many areas of my life that feel as if they are spinning out of control. This mo...
-
Last night our family welcomed a new baby girl to the world. Our niece Sara and her husband Travis had their first child. She is a beauti...
-
This year I set some goals to make changes in my life; work on some priorities that I have not spent anytime focusing on in the last few ...
No comments:
Post a Comment