Thursday, October 18, 2018

Top Ten Weather Day


It has not been a lovely fall, typically my favorite time of the year; this year has been a cold and soggy mess. The trees even seem confused on turning colors or just dropping to the ground in defeat.

Our farming families are struggling to get the crops out of the fields, the rain taking away their livelihood late in the season.
Today however, the weather sign on the local TV station is flashing gold, we don’t see this often. It will be a top 10 weather day in Minnesota. Early in the morning, before the sun comes up over downtown Minneapolis I plot my day. Early to the office, a walk at noon, an early exit from work to get one last bicycle ride in. This means I have to log in later to finish my work. It could very well be our last opportunity to get outside before the gales of November come whipping in.

In Minnesota we don’t just talk about the weather, we plan our adventures around it. We worry about planned travel and an impending snowstorm. We relish in shorts as late into October as possible.  We willingly sit in the outdoor seating at the cafes in April to breath in the fresh brisk air of 45 degrees. Many of us complain about the inaccuracies of the weather teams, unable to really let us know how many inches of snow are headed our way. We are a fickle group, but we all know full well the importance of a top 10 weather day in mid-October. Time to get outside to enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Don't Know What to Do! Written December 8th 2020- Posted When the sun is shining and Hope is in the air.

 When this pandemic started I thought, I got this! I can do this. We all did. We didn't think it would reach us. As the weeks and months...